India is known as the Diabetes Capital of the world. With nearly 72.9 million people suffering from diabetes, the country has a big challenge to face. Diabetes is characterized by way of means of excessive blood sugar levels.
There are two primary reasons behind diabetes - one is when the body stops producing insulin and the second is when the body does not respond to the insulin produced by the body. Insulin is broken down by the body and converted into energy by the cell.
There are types of Diabetes - Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, and Gestational Diabetes.
Let's know them in detail:-
● Type 1 diabetes:- is also called juvenile diabetes when the body stops producing insulin. Type 1 Diabetes is an autoimmune disease. In this case, your immune system attacks the pancreas to become inefficient or incapable of producing insulin. Type 1 Diabetes cannot be prevented but it can be controlled by a healthy Lifestyle.
● Type 2 Diabetes:- is greater than Type 1 Diabetes in India. People over the age of 40 are more likely to develop Type 2 Diabetes. Insulin resistance is the cause of this form of diabetes. In this case, the pancreas produces insulin, but the body cannot respond appropriately. There are many reasons behind type 2 Diabetes. Some of them are obesity, high blood pressure, poor diet, stress, hormonal imbalance, and certain medications. This is the most common form of diabetes and is known to be associated with obesity.
● Gestational Diabetes:-Gestational diabetes is first diabetes diagnosed during pregnancy. Gestational diabetes causes high blood sugar and can affect the pregnancy and the health of the baby. During pregnancy, you can control gestational diabetes by eating healthy, exercising, and taking medications as needed. Controlling your blood sugar can assist maintain your and your infant's health and save you a hard delivery.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease, that can be easily managed, cured, and reversed. Ayurveda helped many diabetics control their blood sugar levels and avoid serious health complications. Here are some Ayurvedic home remedies for diabetes-
7 AYURVEDIC HOME REMEDIES
Bitter Gourd:- Known as Karela in the Indian Subcontinent. Bitter gourd contains compounds that can suppress hyperglycemia and elevated blood sugar levels. You can increase your bitter gourd intake by taking bitter gourd as cooked vegetables once a week. You can also drink raw vegetable soup every morning on an empty stomach.
Gooseberry:- Also known as amla, it is one of the most abundant sources of vitamin C. Eating simply one amla an afternoon maintains your blood sugar levels beneath control, promotes healthy weight loss, slows down aging, boosts your immune system, and detoxifies your body. It can be eaten raw, cooked, in form of juice, chutney or can be added to gravies.
Fenugreek:- Always in Indian cuisine, this herb has several advantages. It is known to improve glucose tolerance, lower blood sugar levels, stimulate insulin secretion, and repel diabetes. Fenugreek leaves can be stuffed in chapati or can be eaten as cooked vegetable. Fenugreek seeds can be used in gravies or soaked overnight and drinking its water helps in detoxification and lowering the blood sugar level.
Mango Leaves:- are known as an effective home remedy for treating and treating diabetes. Soft mango leaves can be dried in the sun, crushed into a fine powder, and consumed with water every morning and evening.
Jamun:- Jamun and its leaves have been shown to help lower blood sugar levels. Ingesting about 100 grams of Jamun per day is said to significantly improve blood sugar levels.
Drumstick Or Moringa:- Moringa controls blood sugar levels and provides important benefits that may help treat type 2 diabetes. Rich in antioxidants and vitamin C.
Aloe Vera:- Aloe vera can be consumed to lower blood sugar and it is also rich in anti-inflammatory properties. Consume it with buttermilk or make its juice.
3 EASY WAYS TO REDUCE DIABETES
● Choose water as your favorite Drink Sticking with water as your first beverage choice helps you avoid other drinks high in sugar.
● Lose weight if you are overweight Although not everyone who develops type 2 diabetes is overweight or obese, most people are. Excess visceral fat promotes inflammation and insulin resistance, significantly increasing the risk of diabetes
● Quit Smoking Smoking increases the risk of diabetes by 44%, and those who smoke more than 20 cigarettes a day increase their risk by 61%.