Updated: Mar 19, 2021
Day by day our life is becoming too demanding and hectic and we have to spend more time in offices, have to leave early and get back late at night & late night shifts are affecting our eating pattern a lot.
Because of hectic working pattern more processed foods, instant food items are in fashion these days as they are easy to carry & can be eaten anywhere.
People don’t want to carry tiffin from home and relish office foods and always eat their food in hurry not knowing that they are gulping food without chewing and this give rise to stomach issues leading to a slower metabolism.
Even late-night eating when the metabolism of the body is at its slowest pace gives rise to weight gain & fat accumulation in the body.
If we pay little attention to what we are eating, it makes big changes in our life.
And the statement “Lose body fat by changing what we eat” holds true in this context.
First of all, you have to see the natural foods around you which are having the capability of fat loss.The following fat burning foods are:-
1. Whole Grains: These are consisting of a good amount of fiber and as they are complex in nature release carbohydrate slowly in the body and needs energy from the body to breakdown it & in turn helps you in losing fat. So, include brown rice, whole wheat flour, rolled oats, ragi, jowar, bajra over refined flour like maida suji, white rice.
2. Pulses & legumes: They are an excellent source of fiber & vegetable protein and protein gives a feeling of satiety which stops you to overeat and decreases your total calorie intake resulting in fat loss. Choose whole pulses like white & black chana, cowpea, kidney bean, sprouts and have them in at least two meals.
3. Vegetables & fruits: These are excellent sources of fiber and are very less in calories and require much energy for breakdown and some fibers don’t digest in human bodies need to be excreted out and absorbs fat from the body thereby reducing fat and cutting down total calorie intake. Have at least 2-3 servings of fruits & vegetables. Their way of cooking can be changed like sautéing, steaming, baking, shallow frying, roasting should be done more in place of deep-frying.
4. Healthy Fats: Healthy fats can be eaten through nuts, fish & seeds to improve omega 3 fatty acid which is anti-inflammatory and helps in controlling visceral fat accumulation. Cut down your intake of all types of visible fats like butter, ghee, oils and avoid refined oils, and use soybean oil, sesame oil, mustard & groundnut oil as ( 1 tsp of oil = 45 calories)
5. Water: Water increases the metabolism of the body by removing the toxins & cleans the liver & it is having 0 calories. Have at least 2-3 liters of water in a day.
Even replacing your tea with green, turmeric, or lemon tea and avoiding or minimizing visible intake of sugar (1tsp of sugar = 20 calories) help you losing weight. 1 tsp = 5 gms.
Meal timings are also very important in shedding extra fat as the metabolism of the body goes down as the day progresses and that’s why late-night eaters are prone to weight gain. Low calorie and nutrient-dense food can be chosen by late eaters.
Even chewing your food properly also increases the rate of absorption of nutrients and avoids extra accumulation of fat.
Mindful eating i.e. eating by paying attention and noticing each sip or bite, tasting your food, teaches you to control your hunger actually helps in losing weight.