You know lunch was good when you want to eat it for dinner too. Speaking of, it’s 9 pm and I am writing with a happy belly. This Thai curry made an amazing meal for my lunch and perhaps an even better dinner tonight. Thai curry is an Asian meal that is loaded with the goodness of vegetables and coconut milk. It is warm and comforting making it perfect for winters. I am so glad that I finally made this curry! Also, the plus point of this curry is that it can be made out of scratch or whatever is available at the moment.
Thai curry is one of those dishes that is packed up with everything for the healthy dose of family and can be eaten by people of all age groups. It is rich in fiber, protein, most vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Also, this dish is low in calories and is, therefore, weight loss friendly.
• 1 big Onion
• 1 carrot
• Handful of green beans
• 1 cup mixed bell peppers
• 1 fresh lemongrass stick
• Galangal (optional)
• 1 tbsp Garlic and ginger paste or fresh
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• 2 tsp coriander seeds
• 1 tsp black pepper
• Salt as per taste
• 2-3 dried red chilies
• Fresh coriander
• Juice of 1 lemon + zest
• 1 packet of Coconut milk
• 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Grind together all the spices, chili, coriander, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemongrass, and ginger and garlic together in a mixer grinder and make a smooth paste.
2. In a pan, add a tbsp of olive oil and heat the paste. Cook it for 7-10 minutes on medium flame.
3. Then start adding your coconut milk.
4. Lastly add in your veggies and let them cook in your curry for about 10 minutes. Add salt as per your taste and serve hot with brown rice or with rice noodles.
This Thai curry is so easy to make at home! It is a great combination of taste and health. Feel free to change up the vegetables and skip anything which you do not like. Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comment section! I will love to hear from you.